Proving competence in terms of spill response is a key issue not just for an Environmental Management System (EMS) but also to demonstrate compliance with Oil Storage Regulations. S A Associates provide five levels of On-site training courses, ranging from ‘Basic Requirements’ to ‘Train the Trainer’ certified courses.
Basic - TR001 (On-site)
An introduction to spill response that is an essential for any facility looking to implement an EMS. The course includes a brief overview of ISO 14001.
• Product identification - what to use, when and where to use it.
• What is a Spill Response Kit - contents, packaging sequence, how to use it and stock checking.
• Disposal of contaminants.
• Open forum - Questions & Answers.
• Practical Demonstration (inside/outside).
Intermediate On-site -This course provides a good grounding in spill response that will support a facilities efforts to gain ISO 14001 accreditation and /or IPPC Licensing.
• Product identification – what to use, when and where to use it.
• Prevention, Containment, and Recovery mediums (Spill Response Kit use/audit
• Waste Management, the need for segregation and correct disposal.
• Practical Demonstration (inside)
• Practical Module (outside)
• Written Test (optional)
Advanced (on-site) the addition of a practical element to the intermediate course enables that this is the correct level of training to put in place where responders with ‘hand –on’ knowledge are required.
• A higher level, in depth introduction to current legislation inclusive of legislation contained in ISO 14001.
• Oil spills demonstration (inside)
• Hands on practice – controlled wet spill training (outside)
• Written test (optional)
Train the Trainer – TR004 (On-site) Same content as the advanced course but with extra emphasis on ensuring that qualified personnel are available within a facility to provide training at a certified level.
All consultants hold professional membership of the chartered Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).