Drug & Alcohol Awareness
Recognise issues before they become a problem. Helps you towards compliance with current legislation.
A course giving essential information for those working in event medical or security who need to gain an understanding of drugs and alcohol use and abuse.
The Candidates will develop an understanding of the basic Principles of Drug and Alcohol awareness, including:
- Drug and UK law
- Recognise signs and symptoms of substance misuse
- Identify different categories e.g., stimulant, depressive, hallucinogenic
- Look at different substances and their effects and key tools of their use
- How drugs are commonly used
- Awareness of alcohol consumption and its consequences
- Understand Drug injecting behaviours
- Key social, psychological, behavioural and physical risks
- Confidence when working with those who misuse substances
- People and organisations perceptions of drug and alcohol misuse
To book onto a course please click here
To visit our blog please click here
Here are some of the comments from previous delegates who have attended -
The tutor was great at putting across H&S in line with what our venue requires. An enjoyable course with a mixture of interactive and written learning.
Joanna Debs, Stadium Manager
A comprehensive course which was enjoyable and informative – it’s given me a greater understanding of H&S which I now use regularly in events and my day to day job. “John Watson…making Health and Safety fun”
Elisabeth Cook, Events Executive
Excellent course where the tutor worked well with the group . He understood our needs and the concerns for our specific venue. Although there was a set timetable he took time to support the group and develop our knowledge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chris Fowles, Match Safety Manager
A thorough course covering all we need to know in Event Health & Safety. John Watson was spot on!
Maxim Kohn, Director
I thought the course was really well run by Jon. He was informative and kept a group of us engaged in what can be known as a boring topic. Very useful and relevant to my work place.
Olly Kohn, Director
For further information on our courses and pricing structure, please call one of our training advisors on 01539 437436 or use our enquiry form.